Saturday, November 15, 2008

Brainwashed by Lawschool

It's official... (Well, I think it has been for a long time, but I was recently reminded of it yet again.) I have been brainwashed by law school. I saw the following posting on the fabulously addictive Perez Hilton site (yes, I will admit that I can't seem to stay away): "A "spirited" Kate Hudson got "very friendly" with a female model at the opening of the newly refurbished Fontainbleau Hotel in Miami Beach on Friday night." And what was the first thing that popped into my head in response? "Wait, the Fountainbleau Hotel in Miami...Isn't that the hotel that was having some feud with a neighboring hotel over access to natural sunlight that led to a court case we read about in property last year?" And I wasn't even paying that much attention in property! Oh, and what's even more disturbing? I just looked at my profile pic again, and it's the church that has an easement for natural light, so the giant building next to it had to be mirrored so as to not interfere with the natural light. Another story from property class... So was the choice of that picture just coincidence, or the first subconscious manifestation of the brainwashing?

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'd love to tell you that goes away after you graduate, but I've been out of law school for seven years, and yup--all the Fontainbleau means to me is "property case." But on the bright side, you might win some trivia contest someday based on some of this stuff....