Thursday, August 27, 2009

I love my Boston friends!

And all my other friends too, of course. But today was the first day I REALLY felt back in the Boston I know and love. First off, it was finally a cooler, rather dry day, with a slight breeze, but still sunny and bright. So perfect! Almost Flagstaff weather... So I spent the morning slowly getting into my day (I've had this horrific sleep schedule since I've been back when I'm up until 2-4am and sleep till 10am), then met a good friend for a movie downtown. By the way, "Julia and Julia" is an amazing movie, you should go see it! Then we got a late lunch at this little market that I've noticed before and was always curious about. Again, a good choice! It was such a beautiful day, being down at the commons, people watching (we saw a woman dressed head to toe in gold, and realized she was one of the living statue performers, and also randomly saw our former LF walk by...even a big city is still part of a small world!), and just enjoying the sun and the bustle of downtown Boston. We parted to get on our respective trains just in time to miss rush hour, and on the way home, I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder. And of all coincidences, it's my friend, soon to be roommate, heading home from her law school. So I go with her, spend the late afternoon at her place, and then her boyfriend/my other roommate comes home and we have a fabulous evening together, grabbing drinks and appetizers for dinner at a local restaurant. I've missed this part of Boston... It really is so nice to spend time with good friends in a great city. Ahhh, it's good to be home!

P.S.~ Quick update on the getting home: After trying unsuccessfully to get on two flights from Seattle to Boston, I considered going to Portland Tuesday night, spending the night in the airport (well, six hours really), and getting the Portland to Boston flight, which looked much more promising. However, as the day wore on, not only did the PDX/BOS flight fill up, but so did the SEA/PDX flight. WTF??? So I caved and just bought a ticket for Tuesday night. Which took me through Portland AND San Francisco, before finally on a red-eye flight to Boston (which got in late). And my lovely new roommates were so very, very kind as to pick me up from the airport (thankfully all my luggage was there!), and the one who had to work wasn't even late! It was a long journey, but I finally made it!

P.P.S~ I wrote this after the kick-ass Mai Thais from Golden Temple, and managed to write the entire post without a spelling mistake (I make no claims regarding grammatical mistakes, this program doesn't check for those)... Is it wrong to be proud of myself?

No comments: